I have heart blockage with cholesterol level of 3.4 and BP 120/80. I am worried about my life expectancy.

I had a medium heart attack 7 days ago, I was taken by ambulance to hospital, they found I had a main heart artery partially blocked so they cleared it using a thromboloyte or something, anyway 3 days later they performed an Angioplasty with stent placement. I have quit smoking immediately, and am making radical changes to my lifestyle such as more excessive, healthier eating , losing weight and generally getting myself fitter. My cholesterol is 3.4, my BP is 120/80, (always has been) I am 55 years old. Is it possible/likely for me to be able to lead a normal life and live for many years to come if I follow the doctors reccomendations, or am I just going to drop dead in a few weeks time. Sorry to put it so blunly but to be honest I can t think of any other way. I would appreciate honest and blunt to the point answers please, I would prefer to know what my prognosis is. thanks Roger The procedure carried out was metal stent to right coronary artery , if that helps
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009