I have had chest pains, please advice

I have had fairly severe pains in the centre of my chest 3 times in the past year, each time I find it hard to breath during the pain and I get sweaty palms and generally feel hot, is this indegestion or something more serious?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
YOUR BEST ADVICE Get yourself a thorough medical examination by your doctor who will also ask for the relevant tests or referral. There are numerous causes of chest pains. Some are benign with no consequences at all. But there are some deadly causes of the pain and ,in these cases, the diagnosis is sometimes sadly done on the postmortem table. Between these two extremes there is a wide spectrum of the severity of the causes of chest pain. One cannot be accurate without a first hand expert assessment - your doctor in the first instance. Best wishes. Look after yourself.