I have had blood in my stools, i am on methadone

here recently i have had blood in my stools sometimes i strain and sometimes not is it normal i am on methadone
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011
hi,thanks for query.It seems that you might be having something like fissure or piles.In case of fissure there is wound in the wall of intestine, when ever your strain or have hard stool it leads to friction and bleeding.In any case it is advisable that you see a doctor and get your self examined.Proper treatment is needed and please do not ignore.
wishing you good health.
General & Family Physician Dr. Akshith's  Response
hi and welcome to healthcare magic!!
well you seem to be suffering from constipation and it is leading to haemorrhoids commonly called piles so it would be better if you took some stool softeners, and methadone might have been the cause for the same too. stool softeners or laxatives are options you can try for the same.