I have had a pulsatile heartbeat whooshing sound continuously in my right ear for almost 2 years. What to do ?

I have had a pulsatile heartbeat whooshing sound continuously in my right ear for almost 2 years now and no sign of getting better. I have been to an ENT who said he could see nothing wrong inside my ear but I know I can hear it and it drives me crazy sometimes. I have to put cotton in my ear at night to dull the noise somewhat so I can sleep. He ran a hearing test and only a small change from right to left ear. I m tired of being told everything is normal when I know it is not. You should not hear a sound in your ear all the time---day and night. Help me pleae.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Jul 2011