I have had a positive pregnancy test, is it miscarriage or not ?

I have had a positive pregnancy test, but during the emergency ultrasound it said that the sac was empty. that was at 5-6 weeks. i dont have insurance to keep going back and i had planned to have an abortion but was told by the abortion clinic to wait and see that it might take care of itsself. but now im having severe abdomal pain and swelling and very foul odors and discharge. my morning sickness has faded but only lasted about 2 weeks. what could this mean ?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Feb 2011