I have had a cotton ball sized knot in my cheek, how to get rid of it ?

ok i have had a cotton ball sized knot in my cheek for a year i went to the doctor about it he said it was a lymp n. said come back in 3 months. i never went back and it has been a year its still there. ok well i was in class today i got to feeling my face another on is under my chin! its about size of a pea. what could this be and what should i do ? plz help me im only 15 years old . im scared! My dad is carrying me to the doctor again. i was just scared of what they might say if its cancer or something.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Dec 2009
Lymph nodes may swell around areas of infection. If you have a bad tooth, mouth ulcer, bad oral heigene, you may notice several lymph nodes swelling around the mandible. You should check with your doctor however to rule out other more serious causes of multiple lymph node enlargement.