I have got pain in my left leg in the shin area, Is it curable ?

I have got pain in my left leg in the shin area. This pain is persistent at one particular point when I press it. It is untolerable. My history is - I got my ankle ligament ruptured in April this year and a plaster was put. When this plaster got removed after 6 weeks I started feeling this pain at one point and no where else. I ignored this for 2 months and when it did not get well, I consulted my doctor who prescribed me medicines initially which did not help at all. Then he suggested me for MRI and an X-Ray to be done for my left leg. The MRI report showed - focal pathology and inflamation. He changed my medicine which did not affect. I then decided to go for a second opinion, the second doctor asked me to go for CT-scan. I have got this report today and it shows - Minimal cortical erosion in the left tibia. Please can you explain me what does that mean? Is it related to some kind of tumour? Is it curable ? Will I be operated ? I am really worried and have to see my doctor tomorrow.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Dec 2009