I have got bad breath

i have got bad breath

Asked On : Fri, 12 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Check your blood sugar levels.. If you are a diabetic, your diabetes may not be under control, so recheck it.. Get a dental check up done to see if there is any dental problems like dental caries or abscess.. Else, twice a day brushing and flossing is enough to prevent  bad breath...

Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, the most common cause of bad breath is presence of calculus or plaque deposition on teeth. Other causes of bad breath are- digestion problems, lung infections, throat infections and many others. Please go for a complete oral check up. Thorough scaling and use of a good mouth wash must resolve your problem. take care!