I have fungal infection on nails, and my nails have become black

I have fungal infection due to which i always have an itching sensation on my nails...My nails have become black and they are on the verge of clipping off... I m using certain ointments as prescribed but there seems to be minimal improvement..This has been increasing from last month.I would be pleased and obliged if you could please suggest me as to how i should go about,which ointments should i put and what precautions should i take to put a stop to this. Your kind co operation wil b appreciated.Waiting for your response. Thanking you,
Asked On : Mon, 16 Aug 2010