I have felt a tenderness on the right side just at the beginning of the groin area

Hi, I am 29 trying to conceive, have missed my period too but the Home pregnancy test gave a negative. Since yesterday I have felt a tenderness on the right side just at the beginning of the groin area, when you press it real hard then you can feel something like a swollen nerve. I experienced this groin thing an year ago when I was exercising in the gym a lot, It diminished and was very slightly tender throughout so I ignored it but it just came to life yesterday when I was walking and is still there.I don t think the size of the swelled nerve has increased also there is no physical presentation and you can only feel it when pressing in the tender area. Am very scared please help
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011
Hi there,
You need to get an ultrasound done asap.There are several causes to be ruled out here.You will also need a pelvic examination since you missed your period.The swelling you noticed could be a lymph node and needs to be confirmed by a doctor.I would suggest you see a doctor for examination and also get that ultrasound.Lymph nodes are nothing to worry about as they may be palpable due to infection.But the cause of the tenderness needs to be determined.