I have edema in my legs with pain

Ihave edema in my legs from my feet to my knees and its very painful what can i do?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Feb 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
hello.. if u have edema in legs just check your blood pressure it can be due to hypertension.. it can also be due to some infection in the kidneys.. cut down on your salt intake.. n get urine routine test done... god bless..
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
oedema legs and ankle call for proper investigations to rule out cause. Look for your hypertension and Get your RFT done. Amongst herbal medicines gokshur guggul is good medicine that reduces oedema by improving renal function.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care majic.Pl.see your doctor,edema with pain in legs needs some examination to know the cause and then only any treatment can be given.There could be many reasons like deep vein thrombosis means venous circulation in legs is not normal,some infection ,or excessive water retention pl.see your doctor in meanwhile do not keep your legs hanging keep them over a small stool and avoid taking excess salt.