I have ear sores from 5 months, and blisters around it

\i have a large sore on the ear in fron t of the hole, around the sore is two water blisters and they are itchy and the pain under them is excruciating, the bone seem to be disintigrating, Had it for 5 months, should I break it?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Sep 2010
From the long duration, the following are the likely causes:
1. Chronic infections including secondary to an ear discharge or a cold sore (herpetic)
2. Contact Dermatitis. Do you wear spectacles?
3. Parasitic infection. Which part of the world do you live in?
4. As a part of systemic disease or developing tumor. What is your age?
Get a skin specialist to examine you. Do not break it without antibiotic cover and precautions to prevent spread. The fluid from the blisters or a biopsy from the edge of the sore can be examined to determine the origin.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.5 months is a pretty long time,please get in touch with a dermatologist at the earliest.Please do not brake it,as long there is some skin cover the chances of infection are less,you can apply antibiotic cream over the area if you have and used in past.Definite treatment is must and please do not ignore this.Again there could be some irritation to that part ,which is the reason why it is not healing.
wishing you good health.