I have dry cough and throat ulcer. What antibiotic can i take ?

I am now 19years old. First I like to inform you that I am a thalassaemic and is on regular blood transfusions and iron chelation. Now, from today morning I have dry cough and throat ulcer. My throat is paining. I am confused what antibiotic to take. As I am thalassaemic, I am already on Pennicillin 250mg (2tabs/day). Tab Novamox (Amoxilin) does not suit me as I suffered severe Diaorrahea before 1mth when I was advised the same for viral fever
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009