I have dandruff & hair fall problem

hi, I have dandruff and my hair are very weak and my hair are falling in big amount so plz suggest me any oil or remedy of my hair problem
Asked On : Fri, 18 Mar 2011
Hi Gorikumari, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!
1) For dandruff, use a good anti-dandruff shampoo (like Nizral) 3-4 times a day (keep it in your hair for 10-15 minutes before washing off).
2) Massage your scalp with plain coconut or olive oil.
3) Get your Hb tested-- if anaemic, please start iron tablets & take a nutritious diet.
I hope this should help you. Good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Namitha's  Response
Hi Gorikumari,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.Rinse your hair thoroughly with plenty of water after shampooing.Use an anti-dandruff shampoo.You can also do warm oil massages for your head.Frequent scratching of the scalp results in partial baldness and significant hair loss.Keep your scalp and hair moisturized and well-conditioned. Drink plenty of water.You can also consult a dermatologist for further assistance. Wishing you good luck.
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
For dandruff you can use any ketoconazole with ZPTO shampoo .Use it twice a wk .If it is more sever then you can use a steroid solution topically on scalp at night.
The most common cause of hair loss is €“iron deficiency, hormonal, thyroid problem, stress, lack of sleep, familial etc. Other rare causes are zn & copper def. One has to find the exact cause of hair loss and treat. You can start with topical preparations like Minoxidil sol 2% applied twice daily on scalp. Take tab biotin daily once .Improve your diet with green leafy veg, fresh fruits, plenty of water, pulses, high protein diet, avoid items with high sugar content like sweets & chocolates, less of Chinese foods, less of pizza & burgers ,more of milk & ghee, dry fruits . Good sleep also has a important role to play .
Take care,