I have chest pain/ elevated blood counts, Should I be concerned

I am a 37 y.o. female and have been having chest pains for 6 months +. I realize this is not a life threatening condition, otherwise, I'd be gone by now! BUT, having said that, I went to the E.R. yesterday with chest pains in the mid to left side and pain with breathing (especially deep breaths). They did an EKG, chest xray and multiple blood tests. My d-dimer was over 1000 and my sed rate was 30. All other tests were normal. They diagnosed me with plureisy and recommended I follow up with a pulmonologist. The scarey thing is that this is the second time in the past 6 months that my d-dimer was elevated and the first time I was given Heparin which brought it down to a normal level. This time, they aren't doing anything. The pain is still there and wakes me when I attempt to sleep. Should I be concerned ?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jan 2010