I have chest pain and dry cough

I have a pain in on left side of my chest and a dry cough . the pain in my chest wores when i cough
Asked On : Wed, 10 Mar 2010
Hi ...Tucker..,
welcome to HCM..and thanks for query..,
chest pain and dry cough....more favour to
Upper Respiratory Infection...
1) Cap.Amoxicillin and Clauvulonic acid caps..2 times daily for 5 days..
2) hot drinking water for 1 week..,
3) antihistamine and antitussive cough syrup with codiene phosphate ..
will give good result...o.k ..good luck
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. It could be muscular pain due to excessive straining.. Cough syrup with simple analgesic should provide symptomatic relief... Alternatively you can try ginger tea, warm water for cough relief...

General & Family Physician Dr. Altaf Hussain's  Response
Hi. Welcome to hcm
you might be having chest infection. You might need to be on antibiotics and cough syrups. Hope i have solved your problem.