I have bulging of vessels in front of ear. Suggest me a remedy

I have been having issues with bulging in the vessels that run along the outside of my ear in what may be the superficial temporal carotid artery. At times, it can become very sensitive to touch. It will swell or bulge to look as if a grape has been sliced in half lengthwise and put under the skin . Trips to the doctor have been fruitless. I m getting concerned. I ve had this issue in the past but never to the extreme of what it has become in the past few months. I ve had no head or facial trauma. The only thing I can recall since this last started is in the few months prior to the start of this last (and ongoing) episode is a feeling that something was in my eye last May but could not see anything. After that, my eye (on the same side of the face as the bulging vessel) looked like it had fluid build up under the sclera that was yellow in color and then my eyelid seemed to droop. The fluid build up went away but the drooping eyelid did not completely go away. I have episodes of high blood pressure and have been diagnosed with neurofybromas. What could this be?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Feb 2011