I have been prescribed 2mg diazepam for panic attacks.Can you tell me the best way to take it ?

I have been prescribed 2mg diazepam for a flight as i occasionally suffer from panic attacks, more often when preparing to get on or already on a plane. Can you tell me the best way to take it and what effect it is going to have because i have had a panic thinking about taking the medication now too because I have a cold that had settled onto my chest and the information leaflet says not to take if you are breathless. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011