I have been having very weird eating habit. What is going on ?

I am eighteen years old and I have been having very weird eating habits this last year. Some days, I hardly eat anything at all, sometimes absolutely nothing and then other days I cannot stop eating, even when my stomach is full and hurting, I can t stop. What in the world is wrong with me? Then there are some days when I eat normal. Most days it is either too much, or nothing. What is going on?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

This seems to be problem with your mind rather than your stomach. You should consult a psychiatrist.

Well I'm not eating because I don't want to, it is my apetite that keeps changing. I love food, ask anyone I know. My apetite just keeps fluxating all the time

you are young it is very possible that it is your hormones changing what about your weight is there a rapid loss or gain of weight

My weight doesn't fluctuate too bad. I'm in pretty good shape right now. It usually is, at most, a five pound loss or gain. You can really tell on my body, though. My parents think it could be related to stress, but it has been going on for awhile now.

it could be depression related do you have a history of depression through your family

Yes sir, my ma has it... I think some of it could be related to body issues. But I don't always purposefully eat like that, my apetite fluctuates badly.