I have been having heart palpitation. Is it can be hereditary?

I believe I have inherited a heart malfuntion from my mother. Every few months I have heart palputaions..(?) ...the past fwe weeks I have been getting them almost every day. Just a little while ago they started now they're coming and going...I forgot the name of what my mom has but is this something to be concerned about..??
Asked On : Thu, 10 Dec 2009
You probably have atrial fibrillations which is a very common heart problem. The upper chambers of the heart quiver rather than beating in rhythm. This complication comes and goes and usually is not a problem but it does raise your chances of having a stroke which can be a major problem. You might need to take a daily aspirin or blood thinners. You are young for atrial fibs but it is certainly not unheard of. Also atrial fibs have a genetic component so possibly your mother has the same problem. In any case you need to see your physician and see if you need a beta blocker to slow down the fibrillations and/or a blood thinner. Stress or too much caffeine can trigger A fibs, so relax.