I have been having excessive salivation,My mouth is already sore. Please help

I have been having this excessive salivation and don't know what to do with it. Sometimes I swallow it, sometimes I spit it out. But swallowing makes my cough worse (been coughing for almost 3mos now), so I just spit it out. Today, I have been salivating since this morning, constantly spitting out (every few seconds). My mouth is already sore. Please help!
Asked On : Thu, 18 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

since you are coughing since 3mths now,you could possibly be having a underlying disorder. A clinical check up would be more appropriate on this regard.