I have been having chest pains. Should I be concerned I am very young ?

I have been having chest pains.. Mostly on the left side. sometimes when i inhale i have to immediatly stop because it hurts so bad. And sometimes outta nowhere a sharp pain will occur and linger for about 5 seconds. When this happens i put my hand on my chest and i feel my heart beat faster. I havent told my mom because she thinks i am a hypocontriact ( how ever you spell it) and will say oh youll be fine but this time im serious.. i am in pain, and i am only 13. should i tell my mom and go see a doctor? I have also been losing my breath easier and faster
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009