I have been having asthma attacks but today was the worst. Should I be concerned about these or not ?

Hi, I am a 16 yr old female. I have asthma, and have since I was a baby. But for the last 3 or so years it has been really well and I have had NO problems with it, my mother ( and great grandmother) both passed away at early ages from heart diseases, they were said to be asthma symptoms nothing else. My mother also had hyperthyroidism. The last few months I have been constantly tired, can t focus and do not want to, all I want to do is eat and sleep. No matter how many hours I sleep, I m tired. I have depression but have for a few years, the last two weeks i ve been having asthma attacks but today was the worst. I became dizzy my lungs felt like they were closing and I became dizzy with side and arm pains. I used an inhaler and it finally started passing after about 20 or so minutes. Should I be concerned about these or not ?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Jan 2011