I have been having a pain around my groin. If it s a serious issue and if I should go see a doctor

Hi, I am 19 years old, male, and I have been having a pain around my groin, specifically, on the left side, 2-3 inches above my penis. This pain only occurs when I masturbate and put a lot of pressure to pee or to take a dump. I have a feeling that it is not related with any sort of inflammation because it only occurs during the climax of masturbation when I start to go very hard on myself or when I strain myself while defecating. Still, I m not sure. I am also concerned with the possibility of hernia because I workout actively in the gym and have been doing leg press with over 240 pounds for 8 or 10 reps. Recently, I started putting pain relieving balm for sore muscles over the area where it hurts and it didn t help. In fact, I started feeling the pain more frequently as I move around, raise my legs up or curl my body in random directions. This somewhat convinced me that it is a strained muscle tissue since the pain relieving balm always works this way when I put it around different parts of my body. But, due to the area where it hurts and the possible serious risks, I do not want to be so confident that it s a strained muscle, yet I keep telling myself it could be inflamed. I haven t been sexually active for the past year so I m sure it s not a result of STDs. I would be really pleased to know if it s a serious issue and if I should go see a doctor . Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011