I have been getting severe cramping in my upper stomach after eating a handful of almonds.

I ve been getting severe cramping in my upper stomach after eating a handful of almonds. I have always eaten almonds as a morning snack but this pain is all of a sudden happening. The almonds that I eat are Raw (no added salt, just whole natural). Do Almonds cause severe stomach pain? I am extremely fit (exercise 6 days a week for over an hour each day). I eat a regular, low-fat, high protein, high fiber diet (and have eaten this way for some time now). I am a 37 year old female.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011