I have been experiencing high blood pressure and recurring chest pain

hi I am 35/f slightly overweight and a smoker , from around 20 days i have been experiencing high blood pressure with no significant reason as i am not working now (i mean no stress) -forget to say that i am hypertensive from around fifteen years but i take no medications as BP is very unstable sometimes high and sometimes normal or even low and there is apparently no significant reason -anyway from around a week i started feeling tightness at chest and avery uncomfortable pain in chest on very mild exertion, tachychardia and cough it cant be heart attack as i can tolerate the pain and its not constant or proceeding .. something else .last month i had this pain but was more intense as i had the episode while i was in the super market that all of a sudden i had sharp chest pain and was unable to stand on my feet i didn t pass out or even fall but i think that would have happened if it lasted a bit longer.i have borderline high total chlosterol and high ldl and famlial history heart disease but not as young as my age . i cant tell exactly what s wrong ...could anyone tell me what could be wrong with me??? do i need to see a cardiologist ...thank u
Asked On : Sat, 8 Jan 2011