I have been experiencing dry tickling throat that leads to a spell of dry cough

dry tickling throat that leads to a spell of dry cough I have been experiencing spells of dry throat that is followed by a spell of dry coughing. My throat starts with a tickly and then gets more intense which makes me have to cough in order to relieve this feeling. There is no drainage, it almosts feels like in choking, and it causes my eyes to water. I have no other symptoms but have noticed it is sometimes provoked by dry air.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Jan 2011
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
Irritation and dryness in throat can be due to many causes, ex smoking, constantly living with a/c, exposure to dust, and many times due to cold and nasal mucus dropping in the throat. So lets find the cause first and try avoiding it, as much as possible. An ENT doctor can examine and tell if everything is okey inside. Meanwhile warm water & drinks and avoiding alcohol , smoking & cold air can be done.