I have been diagnosed with left side heart valve malfunction

Ive been diagnosed with left side heart valve malfunction. The valve is apparently leaking.?
It was diagnosed during investigations to find out the reason for acute breathlessness. I had no other symptoms. My GP had an Echocardiagram performed and, as a result of that has put me on ACE inhibitors. However since taking them im experiencing more chest pains and chest discomfort than i was before, so could they not be the right course of treatment. Im seeing a cardiologist in 2 weeks but im worried i might have a heart attack before then. Am i worrying unnecessarily?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Dec 2009