I have been diagnosed with PCOS, Is it possible to reduce my weight in the middle at all ?

Hi Doctor , I have been diagnosed with PCOS @ the age of 18. I?m 26 now. i have put on a lot of weight around my middle, and it looks next to impossible to do anything to reduce the same. I am a 5 footer and weigh 54 Kgs. Although my BMI is close to 24, most of my weight is concentrated on the middle. Yes, I always look 5 months pregnant . I gained around 10 kg in the last 1 year. I have borderline cholesterol, and was advised life style modification. My periods are irregular right from the start. I have a 4 year old. Please suggest a remedy for my weight problem. Is it possible to reduce my weight in the middle at all ?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Jul 2010