I have been diagnosed with Bilateral Conductive Hearing Loss of 50DB diagnosed

I have been diagnosed with Bilateral Conductive Hearing Loss of 50DB and have been advised for Stapedectomy/Stapedotomy or wearing hearing aid. On the personal side, I want to become a father now. We plan to have our child withing the next 1 year. Is it risk to the unborn child, if I try to become a father after the surgery? Note, as you are aware, there is a 5% risk to this surgery that the hearing can get worse/lost and I might have to take Flourical etc. I believe Flourical is a Category D drug that cannot be taken during pregnancy (I believe cannot be taken by the marital partner either) as it might affect the unborn. Is it better to get operated after surgery or after my wife is conceived so that the unborn child is not affected due to my stapedotomy surgery ? Is it more riskier to become a father with otosclerosis in that case? I will anyway have to do the surgery sometime. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009