I have been cramping for 9 days but no period! Is this normal? Please give me suggestion on this.

I'm 8 days late and I've been cramping for 9 days. I've had headaches and was very sensitive and emotional(only one day) like I am always before I came on, which was a full week ago. My cramps are mostly mild but occasionally gets severe. They seem worst when I stand for a long amount of time. I've also noticed a lot of gas. I don't think I'm pregnant. I had unprotected sex on Jan 8 and ejaculated a little inside but I got a period Jan 17th Which was a week early (the one before was Dec 24) at first, my period was very light and it stopped until that night which then stopped again until the next morning. But after that it was a very normal period and was not light at all. I don't know if I should worry yet and let some more time go by or what. Is this normal? I'm pretty regular so this seems strange to me. Please Help!!
Asked On : Thu, 25 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. An abnormality in the periods occur due to multiple causes.. They include stress, infection, reduced nutritional state, hormonal irregularities, endocrine abnormalities, uterine structural causes and so on.. This list also includes pregnancy too.. I suggest you to get a pregnancy test done and consider evaluation for the other causes...