I have been continuously bleeding for two months with headaches,sore breasts and back pain. Can low progesterone level be one of the reason ?

I am 41, and I have been continuously bleeding for almost 2 months now, it seems one of the reasons could be a very low progesterone level.First month i had 3 periods one after eachother, with spotting between them. I took medrone(medroxyprogesterone)for 14 days with minimal help(I had at times lower bleeding, more spotting) but the bleeding came back again,constantly.For the past 20 days the bleeding is almost constant, about 2,3 pads a dayof fresh red blood. The doctor put me on a birth control pill 14 days ago,but no effect. I am waiting to see a specialist but here in Canada you can wait months...what should I do? I start having headaches, fatigue, dry/itchy skin, sore breasts and back pain ...I take some iron but doesn t seem to help much. thanks
Asked On : Tue, 1 Feb 2011