I have been constipated literally since I was born. Should I consult a doctor ?

I have been constipated literally since I was born. I m 18 years old now and it has not gotten any better. I don t know what to do. I must admit that I drink, at most, 4 glasses of water a day (I ve been trying to get better at drinking water since some days I ve drunk as few as one glass and it seems to help a bit). Also, I didn t eat a lot of vegetables and fruits until recently, where I decided to change that to see if it helps and it does help too. However, I want to know if there s anything else I should be doing about this? Any particular foods that should be incorporated in my diet? Also, could this be a sign that something is wrong with me? Should I consult a doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Jun 2011