I have been burning on my left side of the stomach since 10 months

i have been burnig on my left side of the stomach since 10 months..went2 c d dr. in d month of april diagonisedas gastritis ..but d medicines dint help burns after food(after 20 mins) n i also had broncitis 3yrs i get pain in my chest in d left cough as such!but i feel som kind of irritation in my throat .plz do help!
Asked On : Wed, 8 Sep 2010
Irritation in throat and stomach region can point to possible acid reflux disease. Avoid smoking, coffee, colas, spicy food, fatty food. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Avoid lying down till 2 hours after a meal. Avoid large meals, rather do have short frequent meals to reduce chance of reflux. Get examined by endoscopy to confirm acid reflux and also any stomach ulcer which can be treated. In some cases infection is the cause which can be treated by certain antibiotics. Eat healthy. Exercise daily. Stay fit and stress free.
Anesthesiologist Dr. Dhananjaya's  Response
hello, i feel you are having reflux gastritis.
so have a diet without spices, chillies & other irritant substances in food.
avoid alcohol ( if any)& smoking
drink plenty of water & cold milk
take small meals 4 to 6 times a day
pl be stress free

Anonymous's Response
sounds like you should see a Gastroenterologist (GI)...severe heartburn and reflux could be causing your symptoms. They may have to do tests to rule out things like ulcers, but they would be the best bet for an answer.