I have been bleeding for three weeks woth pain. I have had a mirena coil fitted for a year now

mirena coil fitted for a year now and this period is of concern as i have been bleeding for three weeks now Ive had a mirena coil fitted for a year now to regulate my periods and stop the pain and discomfort but since being fitted it hasnt done no such thing the 1st three months were totally irregular which i was aware was a process one month they would be light and the next they would be heavy and painful always lasting a week sometimes i would come on a week after my last has finished this period has lasted three weeks now i am quite concerned and wonder if you could help by providing a diagnosis, Previosly ive had the pill that did not work, i was then prescibed two different forms of medication one to calm the bleeding and the other to calm pain as well as bleeding.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011