I have an irregular mole on the back of my neck, What should I do ?

I have an irregular mole on the back of my neck that appeared in December. At first I thought it was just a blemish, but it's now obviously a mole. It has been growing in size. Periodically it scabs over and bleeds, and now seems to be painful even when not being touched. This week I noticed a knot in my neck higher above it which I now wonder if it's a lymph node (it became noticeable after I tried to get it to "pop" after it started bleeding, this is when it was finally told by someone who could see it that it was in fact a mole). I don't currently have insurance. What should I do? I would like to get it removed immediately.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Jul 2010