I have an 11 yr old daughter who has been complaining of cramping and lower back ache and has been very moody. Is it her period?

I have an 11 yr old daughter who has been complianing of cramping and lower back ache and has been very moody. Is it possible and or normal for a girl of this age to have all the symptoms of a menstral cycle without actually bleeding? Secondly if the above is happening does this mean the actual cycle will begin soon or can this take a while? I heard once that young girls can have all the signs and symptoms of a cycle without bleeding and it can be months even a yr before the cycle actually happens and begins to be a regular monthly.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Jul 2010
  Anonymous's Response
I suppose it is normal for Her to be moody and cramping. Has she had Discharge lately ? that Usually Will show that she will have her period soon. and Yes it is normal, My daughter started at 10 Years old.