I have a very deep chesty cough with opaque yellow phlegm, kindly help me

Hello, a month ago I lost my voice (for only the second time in my adult life) and my throat felt as though I was swallowing over a fist . I went to the GP and was advised that I had an upper respiratory tract infection and was prescribed Amoxycillin. The Amoxy didn t work, so I went to a different GP who prescribed me Roxar with 1 repeat. I finished the repeat. Although my throat cleared I have a very deep chesty cough with opaque yellow phlegm which is very metallic tasting. I gave up smoking almost 1 year ago.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011