I have a tiny white line in the outer black part of my eye. Can dust allergy be the reason ?

I am 28, and my height is1.73 meters with a weight of 75 kilograms. Thanks to almighty God, I am very healthy.I live in an area where dust is rife;as such, when wind blows, along with it some dust particles usually get into my eyes. That causes some irritation for a while but as the irritation disappears after some minutes I don t get that bothered. But now, I am feeling some larger dust particles in my eyes and that is bothering me. Moreover, I noticed recently that a tiny white lining shading a slight peripheral part of the outer black part of my eye[ Just a sort of a white dot on one margin of the outer black part]. It is tiny, but I m worried about its possible expansion. What should I do about these concerns? Apart from that,I have pretty healthy eyes and had no medical related encounter. Thank you so much.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jul 2011
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
1.USE sunglasses.
2.Wash your eyes with clean water frequently.
3. the white line on the peripheral part of cornea could be normal ..it is called an arcus(juvenile or senilis depending on age).if there is no symptom like irritation redness,foreign body sensation you need not do anything, otherwise consult an ophthalmologist.
4.you could also use some lubricant drops like Refresh Tears 4 times per day

Ophthalmologist Dr. P. K. Sehgal's  Response
1.USE sunglasses.

General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
Constant exposure of eyes to dust particle is harmful. Repeated impact of dust particles on the cornea ( the transparent cup like structure covering the black of the eye) causes microscopic abrasions on it which later become opaque, thus interfering with the transmission of light through the cornea, resulting in defect in vision.
If you do not use spectacles, try to use plane glass spectacles when you are exposed to dusty environment and frequently wash your eyes with water and never attempt to rub your eyes.
Ophthalmologist Dr. N. K. Misra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal
this whiteness on the side of cornea apparently is Pingicula.This usually does not go away with treatment.As you have already been advised protection is very welcome and astringent drops can be put in .