I have a swollen knee and hand with arthritis. Could arthritis be the reason for this ?

I have an area about an inch above my knee that is slightly swollen, and when i walk it hurts in my knee....not when i step, but when i come up off that foot, the pain shoots through my knee and the swollen area. It s not swollen badly, but an area about the size of my hand is slightly swollen, and causes pain there and in my knee when walking. Started about 3 weeks ago. I have arthritis , could that be what this is, or is this something different? I am 35, in good health other than the arthritis.....early onset runs in my family.
Asked On : Sat, 14 May 2011