I have a string of swollen lymph nodes on my neck and zit on my face

I have a string of swollen lymph nodes on my neck from the top of the neck to my shoulder . I also have a zit on my face on that side. I went to the doctor and he confirmed the string of swollen lymph nodes. I have not been sick, two out of the 10 lymph nodes hurt. He said that my zit caused infection in my lymph nodes. Really?! That seems so weird that a tiny zit could make a string of 10 lymph nodes swollen. Is this accurate or do I need a second opinion? I am 32, 5 6\
Asked On : Fri, 3 Jun 2011