I have a sore throat for 3days so far what should I do ?

hi I have a sore throat for 3days so far what should I do. I also got a headache today. please help me.
Asked On : Fri, 24 Dec 2010
Hi... Welcome to healthcaremagic community forum...
Your symptoms are consistent with the symptoms of upper respiratory inflammation....
Accordingly the top most causes are a viral infection and allergies... Medical drugs such as paracetamol with antihistamines, saline water gargles will provide symptomatic relief.. Alternatively, you may chose to gargle with local antiseptics oral solution or from a solution made by adding one or two tablets of dispirin in warm water... You will need a course of antibiotics if you develop fever, or if your symptoms are severe and persistent....
Consulting a doctor-physician and ENT surgeon for physical evaluation will be ideal in these circumstances...