I have a small piece of platic stuck in my throat

i have a small piece of platic stuck in my throat, any suggestions.
i cannot throw it up, please help me!!!!!
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Get a video laryngoscopic examination done immediately.A small piece of plastic will usually be swallowed with no untoward effects. A sharp piece will usually get stuck in the abundant lymphoid tissue present in the throat. Many a times it is only the injury caused by the foreign body that irritates the throat. Plastic will usually not get picked up in an x-ray, however it a always better to get set of neck x-rays done. A barium swallow is also advisable if any swallowing difficulty persists.