I have a small lump below my ear next to my jaw. What it could be?

I have a small lump below my ear next to my jaw and was wondering what it could be?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Jun 2011
Thanks for query,
It may be small enlarged lymph node,
you do not worry,
Any infection in ear or on the mouth can cause lymph enlargement
ok and bye.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Is the lump painful to touch. Do you have fever. It could be an enlargement of the parotid gland or even a lymph node commonly. Please visit the Surgeon who will guide you in the proper management.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.This should be lymph node.This gets in enlarged when there is infection ins the surrounding area like neck,ear,throat etc.In case of any other symptoms like cold,fever,pain ,please see your doctor for treatment.Otherwise there is no need to worry,bye.