I have a rest heart rate of 120 bpm. Is it OK ?

I have a rest heart rate of 120 bpm im a 16 year old male is it save ? and what effects are there ? i checked 3 times
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Radiologist 's  Response
Tachycardia typically refers to a heart rate that exceeds the normal range for a resting heartrate (heartrate in an inactive or sleeping individual). It can be dangerous depending on the speed and type of rhythm.Typically resting heart rate in a normal adult ranges from 60-80beats per minute..
check with your doctor to see if your thyroid is overactive, you are anemic, or you have an infection, hidden tumor, a weak heart or other cause of a rapid heart rate. Having a resting heart rate greater than 70 increases your chances of suffering a heart attack.
All the best.