I have a prescription for 50 mg of Atenolol. I feel like my heart is racing

I have a prescription for 50 mg of Atenolol. I have high blood pressure and I am supposed to take one a day but I forgot I had taken one this morning and just took a second one. So I have taken 100 mg. How bad is this overdose? I just checked my blood pressure and it is 110 over 68. I googled Atenolol overdose and some of the websites said loss of life, but I am not sure how bad of an overdose they are talking about. Is this serious? Please help! I am starting to feel dizzy, and I feel like my heart is racing.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009