I have a polysystic ovary, what should I do to cure this ?

Hi, I have a polysystic ovary ....i am taking medicine also but than also it is not getting solved...what should i do ?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Mar 2010
Hi Welcome to Health Care Magic,
Poly cystic Ovary disease is a condition in which multiple immature follicles are seen in the ovary. Usually this disease is characterized by irregular periods, excess hair growth in unusual places, overweight. This is quite common now a days. Consult a gynecologist for medication, specially if you are planning to have a baby.

Anonymous's Response

Polycystic ovary cannot be treated in a go. My friend is also having it and she is taking medicines from almost 8 months now but still the cysts have not disappeared. Surgery is the next level it seems.

Hi, one of my freind is dealing with PCOD since last 1.5 yrs. She is very distrubed regarding its effects. Some doctors said is will be having problem in pregnancy i.e, she could not become a mother ever or if can will ,the child will not be mentaly or physically fit, or it can also have a cancer. Pls let me know wat r d effects of PCOD and wherther it can be cure or not. Also pls suggest mesome good lady doctor in delhi ncr.
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Dear Kamala,
PCOD is not as serious as you think. Your friend can certainly become pregnant with medication. It is not necessary that the child born will have abnormalities. Any good gynecologist in Delhi, who is dealing with infertility, should be able to help her. All the best.

Anonymous's Response
acupuncture and chinese herbs cleared up the cysts on my ovaries.