I have a painful hard lump behind left ear, how to get rid of it ?

3 days ago a small hard and very painful lump appeared behind my left ear, its very painful to touch and the whole side of my neck aches .It has not changed in size, nor is it red , theres no change in color to my skin . Also for the past many months i have had really bad itchy skin, so bad that when i itch, i cause bruises to appear, and my appetie has decreased, and im constantly feeling tired even on 12 hours sleep. Please help if you can. Also, im not sure if this has anything to do with my symptoms but i have a very long history of caner in my family from both my parents sides, eg, my nan, auntie, uncle, grandad plus many more from both sides have all had/have some type of cancer :(
Asked On : Mon, 28 Mar 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
you should consult physician and get a check up and get investigations done
the sudden appearance of painful tender swelling may be due to infection from scratching and giving rise to acute inflammation of lymph node
please get consultation soon