I have a painful area in my right outer thigh about eight inches above the knee. and it is getting worse

I am a 63 yr. old female. I have a painful area in my right outter thigh about eight inches above the knee . It feels like a vertical ropey lump beneath the surface. It is not detectable by sight and the area is not swollen or discolored. The pain has been getting continually worse over the last year and now the pain radiates up into my butt and lower back on the right side. Also down the lower leg in the shin area. I can hardly walk on that leg anymore.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Feb 2011
Thanks for asking.
The lump doesnt sound good. You need to consult an Orthopaedic soon. It could be growing out of your bone or muscle or deformed blood vessel.
hurry up and make sure you investigate. do send in the reports to
  Anonymous's Response
id say it can be many thing's- have you fallen ? or heavyweight?
do you walk alot thing's like this can help out to find the problem?...
Many pintched nerve?