I have a pain in the left side of my upper chest, right where my heart is and i am obese

I am nineteen years old and obese. I have been overweight all of my life. I am working on getting into shape, but because I have so much excess weight it is going to take me a long time. Since I was young, maybe about eleven or twelve years old, I have sometimes gotten a pain in the left side of my upper chest , right where my heart is. It is not a heart attack and I do not have any trouble breathing or moving. This pain does not occur when I am moving around, or when I have been moving around. It is rarely associated with a pain in my left arm. Heart disease runs in my family, but I am young and I do not smoke. Plus I am making changes in my diet and exercise routine. Do I have angina pectoralis or something similar? Do I need to see my doctor?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009